This is my first attempt at an altered photo. It took me three days to pluck up the courage to start abusing it but once I got started there was no stopping me. The picture was printed from my PC onto gloss photo paper then sanded, bleached, sanded some more, alcohol inked and drawn on with permanent marker. Then I took a pair of scissors to the edges and scored merrily along the bottom and sides. Although I have altered photos with graphics programmes before, doing it to a physical photo is new to me. It totally lacks finesse but I love the colours that the bleach and sanding creates. I may be able to use these techniques in other work.
I got a soldering iron for my birthday too. Nothing is safe from me now. Metal is being soldered left, right and centre. Great for making wire embellishments. I just have to figure out how to make my joins a bit neater.