Saturday 30 January 2010

Challenge Gillian




At the beginning of the year I challenged myself to do one drawing every week in an attempt to spark my creativity into a regular pattern. Four weeks in and I have managed to keep up with my challenge with four completed pieces. The puppy in the post below is one of them too (though he hasn't scanned as well as he could have). This hasn't been about producing finished pieces of saleable work but just doing it for pleasure and I think that has been what has kept me going. So often I have to paint and draw things that have to go up for sale but I am always pressured into finding a subject that people want to see. These pieces are about trying techniques and expanding my skill - especially in the case of the graphite pieces. The flower and butterfly were drawn in pen and ink and then coloured using water soluble coloured pencils - something I haven't done outwith my card making. Hopefully I can keep it going - for another month at least.

2 comments:

Joshible said...

Wonderful! Congratulations on a goal achieved. I love them all but the dog didn't show up. :-(

Seth said...

What a great challenge to set up for yourself. And what a tremndous outcome.