Thursday 5 March 2015

Bag of Klimt

A few weeks ago I bought a bag making tutorial from Angie Hughes on Etsy called Bags of Klimt. I'd had my eye on it for a while but, you know how it is, so many lovelies to look at, not enough funds to buy them all when you see them. So I finally got around to purchasing one and got stuck into it with my sewing machine. Nice clear illustrations and instructions meant that it was all really simple to follow and I was introduced to a few new techniques along the way. This was the final result:


Not quite as pretty as Angie's (free motion embroidery isn't as easy as it looks) but it's a first attempt.


I did actually skip a few steps (impatient to see the end result - ahem!) but I liked the effects that I could create. No doubt I will make a few more and I will certainly use some of the techniques on other projects.

No comments: