Thursday 13 October 2016

Quiliting dies

There has been a lot of talk on the craft channels about quilting dies. I know! Seasoned quilters will be having a fit at the mention of them but my cutting sucks. No matter how careful I am I still have problems. I signed up to take part in the Splendid Sampler quilt project but found it a bit more challenging than I have time for right now. I will go back to it but, right now, other things must take precedence.

Anyway, quilting dies - I bought the Sizzix half square triangle die and it is amazing. I had been watching the Accuquilt Go shows on TV and the system looks great. But for someone who is a very, very amateur quilter I can't justify the cost of it - even if I do really, REALLY love their Gingham Dog appliqué die. However I already have a Sizzix Big Shot so I tried their dies.




I am now producing patchwork that does not look like the cat regurgitated it. My points are much better and my seams are straight. Although you have to stick to the size of the cut piece it has given me confidence. I am hoping to finally make my first full size quilt now. Thank you Sizzix! I may have to order another die or two.

No comments: