Thursday 27 November 2008

Bob, bob, bobbin'




I finally decided to go with a robin for my third exhibition painting. However, he refused to scan nicely. The colours look a bit funny here. He is actually a little guy who visits my garden. After feeding the birds one morning I thought I would take my camera outside and see if I could get some nice photos. Of course, robins being the characters they are, he posed for me sitting on a branch and on the garden fence. Then he flew off to beat up the other birds in the garden that were trying to feed. Robins can be very territorial and will fight with anything that crosses their path. Not just a pretty face then.

The card is a shaker card I made for someone to give this Christmas. But I like it so much I will have to make another one. The only problem is that I had to use gold and silver micro beads which makes the snow look yellow. I'm sure there is a joke there somewhere.

3 comments:

Seth said...

Such a beuatiful robin. Wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful as always Gillian! I enjoy viewing your work and can only imagine them in person. Bonnie

Gwen Buchanan said...

something about the end of your post reminds me of a Frank zappa song...

your painting of the little robin is sweet!!!