Wednesday 28 September 2011

Hot cakes

It seems I haven't been posting as many of my watercolour sketches as I thought I had. Do you ever have those times when you are sure you have done something only to discover you haven't? Well, I seem to live in those moments all the time these days. Anyway, I put some of the sketches on Etsy and they are selling really well. It is a little confusing for me as I have spent 23 years trying to create art that I am happy with (to see some of my favourite pieces see the link 'Recent Art' on the right of this page, under the Twitter button) but people love my quick sketches. I have been asked to paint several commissions of both pets and wildlife since I started listing the sketches too. It is lovely that people want to buy my art though. I have sent them all over the world recently and it has been such a thrill. Here are a few images that I have been creating. If you want to see more, go to my Etsy store and click on '277 sales' on the left of the page, under 'shop info'. You'll see foxes, hare and otters, to name but a few.





4 comments:

Nana Louise Nielsen said...

These are such lovely watercolours.
Your beads a really wonderful too. Can't wait to see what you come up with next.
:o)
Nana

Lori said...

Love these, so vibrant! Your beads were awesome, too, always love those!

Anonymous said...

I am always drawn to pictures of birds, and you have captured their splendor. Janet

Billie said...

Oh your paintings are so beautiful. So many favorites, which one to choose.

Best wishes

Billie

PS I learnt something important today, if you are painting a petal and leave paint to dry till after dinner.... your petal is half the size and a different shape when you go back DOH! Looks like I need to learn speed painting!