Thursday 22 January 2015

Ganutell flowers

Gina B Silkworks has some lovely new products that I have been playing with. Ganutell flowers are made up of wire formed into leaf and petal shapes and wrapped with thread. It's great fun. I forgot to take photos of my first samples which included a rather fetching box decorated in violets. But I took quick shots of my last set - just before I got them packaged up and posted out.

First is a picture frame picked up quite cheaply. A few ganutell flowers just makes it a little different. You could even cover the whole frame with flowers.


This snowdrop pendant is my favourite - mainly because I love snowdrops.


There is also a little poppy brooch.


The strange thing is that my Mum remembers that Gran had a brooch made from ganutell flowers many years ago. It's funny how these crafts come back into popularity many years down the road.

No comments: