Wednesday 13 April 2016

Kanzashi flowers

Gina_B Silkworks has some new products out this month. Kanzashi flowers are little flowers made from fabric that originated in Japan. You can find out a bit more about it here or Google to find some fabulous pictures. They are super easy to make with a few folds - rather like origami for fabric. My desk has been covered in flowers this week as I wait for them to dry. Very springlike. Needless to say I made a few samples using the new kits:

A little sewing kit/needle case made from a pair of old jeans and a little treasure chest...


 and some of you might remember this bag from a few posts back.


There was also a little pendant that I forgot to photograph. So in absence of that photo, these are samples for Gina's previous button show that I forgot to share too: a thread catcher for sewers, a bookmark, a little pod bag and a pin cushion.


No comments: