Tuesday 26 December 2006

Festive Greetings


Festive greetings to you all. I can't believe the holiday is over. It seemed to be upon me before I realised. I don't do New Year. I hate it with a fiery passion. The whole idea that things might be different in a collection of days linked to another collection of days is beyond me. It has always been my experience that things do not change that way unless it is through tragedy. Oh well, there's no accounting for folk, as the saying goes.

Christmas Eve was spent icing the Christmas cake. By the time I was finished the kitchen looked like a snowstorm had hit. What's the deal with icing sugar? It doesn't matter how careful I am with it I still makes a mess. Christmas Day was spent with my family, eating lots and opening presents. It's at times like those that I can't help but think about those who do not have that opportunity and who spend it alone or in less festive circumstances.

I have taken a few photos of some 1x1 inch collage squares that I attempted using miniature prints of my own artwork. The best part of the project was painting the background papers. Lots of fun splashing acrylic paint around. I also added a top coat of walnut stain in places and it made some wonderful colours. Made the reds really rich and the yellows more mellow. It's only my first go so it might take a while to get to the standards of Chrysti (http://chrysti.wordpress.com) or Shari (http://www.creativechatter.blogspot.com). Still, it was fun.

No comments: