Sunday 29 April 2007

To burn or not to burn!

There is a curse about heat embossing for me. Terrible dramas ensue when I start to emboss. The latest - I nearly set fire to the carpet. There is a fetching ATC shaped burn mark on my studio carpet now. I usually do heat embossing on my desk but it was rather overflowing this time so I knelt on the floor. Big mistake. I didn't even notice the heat. Usually if my fingers start to burn I realise that it is too hot. But I was so busy watching the colours change that I didn't see the carpet.

There have been a few situations like that. The first time I tried it I didn't have a heat gun so decided to use a candle. Once again I got so caught up in watching the colours that I didn't notice the card had set on fire. I panicked, ran round the room twice with the burning paper then remembered to throw it in the bathroom sink. The second time I had just bought a new heat gun. I switched it on, it screamed like a harpie and then blew up. I tell you there is a curse about heat embossing. On the up side, it gives some lovely effects. You can see my attempts in the photos.

2 comments:

Dianne said...

Sorry but this was so funny weel no real harm was done but very funny.. You have to be real carefull and I usually have somw water beside me if I do any candle burning.. The Atc cards are beautiful, wish they went bigger though to see up close..

Anonymous said...

To prevent burns and to heat the embossing faster, cover a clip board or other piece of board with a heavy duty aluminum foil and use that to emboss on.