Thursday 21 February 2008

Mother's Day approacheth

Mother's Day is hurtling towards us fast in the UK. March 2nd to be precise. Which means more gift buying for my Mum. She is a nightmare to buy for. My Dad likes reading and listening to music so at least there is something to fall back on if inspiration (or a gift list) is not forthcoming. My Mum doesn't have any hobbies to speak of and buying bubble bath gets a bit repetitive after 35 years. Even making her gifts is starting to make me look tight fisted. Never mind, something will turn up. Meanwhile, this is the card I made for her. Luckily she doesn't read my blog. The unfortunate thing is the vellum warped a little. I think it took a dislike to the double sided tape I used. I can't take it off either as I used the super duper sticky stuff. If it gets any worse I will remake the card.

Update - the vellum smoothed out perfectly and the card was a great success.

1 comment:

mcdc3s said...

hehe... yes, hopefully she doesn't read your blog. Sometimes it is hard isn't it - shopping for certain people. Maybe something she enjoys consuming... and get a "special gourmet" version of it... like a coffee, tea, candy, spices, etc. (if she is a cooker or drinker in that aspect). A new coin purse? A new umbruella (sp) for the rain? LOL, good luck!