Monday 25 August 2008

Bee-n buzy












































Lots of inchies today. In fact I have made even more than the ones here but I forgot to photograph them before I sent them out. Others are still partially done. I bought some rally nice download format collage images this week from an Etsy store, Piddix. I came across her shop by chance. I was looking for some egg collage sheets (which Corrina has) but she also has lots of animal based designs. Beautiful doggy squares, jewel like insects, woodblock designs and bird and nature themes. Yummi-yumminess. So I am in the middle of using some of them but I am rapidly running out of printer ink.

I also have some ATCs in the pipeline. I took some photos of a local big house. It is a listed building but is falling into disrepair. Owls and bats live in it and plants and bushes grow from the inside out. Wonderfully atmospheric though. I played with the photo in my photo editing programme and came up with a rather nice spooky image. One of the ATC swaps I have signed up for is Gothic Halloween and it will make a wonderful focal image. The sepia coloured papers shown here are for the base of the ATCs. I am just waiting for some new brads to finish them off then I will post pictures.

My bee ATC here uses some of my hand carved stamps. I am rather fond of bees and cannot find a really nice, realistic bee stamp so my own will have to do for now. (If you have any suggestions for realistic style bee stamps please do leave me a comment letting me know who makes them. All help gratefully received ;o)) The little box is a simple pillow box made from some hand painted watercolour paper and wrapped with fibres.

1 comment:

Seth said...

I love how you take simple inchies and make them into so much more!